Working at Sigmon Construction means working at the next level. Sigmon Construction is a respected and well established general contracting construction company with over 30 years of experience, specializing in high-quality home remodeling, custom new home building, and commercial contracting. Sigmon Construction has a proven track record in our community, recognized by the Triangle Business Journal, the Home Builders Association, Houzz, Capital Area Preservation, and more. The TBJ ranks Sigmon Construction the #1 Remodeler year-over-year, led by Sigmon Construction's leadership team, administrative team, and awesome production team.
Sigmon Construction is creating tomorrow’s leadership team and we need a new generation of visionaries; those that adopt our mission as their own and go the extra mile. Most of our leadership team began their careers in entry-level positions because we recruit, train, and retain talented individuals with a drive for excellence. Join us as we build the country's best remodeling firm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continue a high level customer service experience for the customer.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, Change Order, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures.
- Plan and review the Construction Program with the Project Manager including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- Set up and maintain an organized, pristine job site.
- Work with Project Manager to acquire and manage all building permits.
- Order materials and schedule inspections throughout project.
- Prepare and maintain construction schedules.
- Direct all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and with high-quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications; responsible for the overall management and efficiency of project.
- Responsible for the overall management and efficiency of every project.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, designers and other co-workers.
- Manage and facilitate conflict resolutions between all parties and stakeholders.
- Provide leadership, maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project, including the public, and promote a positive project morale.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients and subcontractors and other colleagues in person, over the phone, and by electronic communication.
- Attend staff meetings, safety meetings, designer meetings and on-site client meetings.
- Ensure job site safety and rectify job site hazards immediately.
- Verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the job site.
- Review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- Ensure proper execution of customer job expectations while maintaining the integrity of Sigmon Construction’s policies and procedures.
- Preferred but not required: 5+ years Project Management experience in residential remodeling project management
- Preferred but not required: Intimate understanding of residential housing, construction, architectural design, cost estimating and construction specification writing is required.
- Preferred but not required: Must have a verifiable record of successfully bringing projects in on-time and on-budget, as well as being able to provide references from satisfied clients.
- Preferred but not required: Must be knowledgeable of OSHA regulations.
- The successful candidate will be a team leader, an effective communicator in both spoken and written English.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and able to thoroughly learn and use several project management software tools.
- The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work as a member of a team, be flexible and adaptive, be organized, be detail oriented, and meet deadlines. Tardiness is not acceptable.
- Must enjoy collaboration.
- Basic tool and material knowledge.