Working at Sigmon Construction means working at the next level. Sigmon Construction is a respected and well established general contracting construction company with over 30 years of experience, specializing in high-quality home remodeling, custom new home building, and commercial contracting. Sigmon Construction has a proven track record in our community, recognized by the Triangle Business Journal, the Home Builders Association, Houzz, Capital Area Preservation, and more. The TBJ ranks Sigmon Construction the #1 Remodeler year-over-year, led by Sigmon Construction's leadership team, administrative team, and awesome production team.
Sigmon Construction is creating tomorrow’s leadership team and we need a new generation of visionaries; those that adopt our mission as their own and go the extra mile. Most of our leadership team began their careers in entry-level positions because we recruit, train, and retain talented individuals with a drive for excellence. Join us as we build the country's best remodeling firm.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a high level customer service experience for prospective customers and customers alike.
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of residential construction estimating, primarily in fixed-price contracting.
- Have the ability to estimate quickly and thoroughly.
- Have the ability to estimate multiple projects in one day.
- Maintain thorough, responsive communication with Sales team, prospective customers and customers.
- Must be very personable and friendly professional with high integrity.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with prospects, clients, contractors, sub-contractors, suppliers, designers and other co-workers.
- Provide leadership, maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project, including the public, and promote a positive project morale.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients and subcontractors and other colleagues in person, over the phone, and by electronic communication.
- Attend site visits, staff meetings, safety meetings, designer meetings and on-site client meetings.
- Ensure job site safety and rectify job site hazards immediately.
- Ensure proper execution of customer job expectations while maintaining the integrity of Sigmon Construction’s policies and procedures.
- 2+ years construction estimating experience in residential remodeling and new home construction.
- Preferred but not required: 2+ years Project Management experience in residential remodeling project management.
- Preferred but not required: Intimate understanding of residential housing, construction, architectural design, cost estimating and construction specification writing is required.
- Preferred but not required: Must have a verifiable record of successfully bringing projects in on-time and on-budget, as well as being able to provide references from satisfied clients.
- Preferred but not required: Must be knowledgeable of OSHA regulations.
- The successful candidate will be a team leader, an effective communicator in both spoken and written English.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and able to thoroughly learn and use several customer relationship management software tools.
- The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work as a member of a team, be flexible and adaptive, be organized, be detail oriented, and meet deadlines. Tardiness is not acceptable.
- Must enjoy collaboration.
- Basic tool and material knowledge.